WELCOME TO BOLETSHE.CO.ZA
Firstly, welcome and wish to thank you for dedicating your valuable time to BOLETSHE HOLDINGS website.
BOLETSHE HOLDINGS (PTY) LTD is one of the emerging 100% black-owned South African based services company. We work in the field of occupational hygiene and environmental monitoring, contract cleaning and supply, delivery, installation and maintenance of hygiene systems. As far as reasonably practicable, we assist our customers to provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of employees. We achieve this by -
- providing and competent staff,
- top quality monitoring instruments supplied by approved or accredited supplier,
- appropriate and effective systems of occupational hygiene and environmental monitoring,
- inspections and hazards identification, and
- investigation of occupational illness and health threatening occurrences.
Our services are intent to assist you as the mining, mineral processing, and quarrying operators to strengthen and enhance your Health and Safety Work Programs. The objective is to help in managing occupational health risks in the workplace to below Occupational Exposure Limit (OEL) and comply with the legislative framework.
We commit to meet or exceed the statutory requirements, and we will strive to develop and implement best practices in Occupational Health and Hygiene principles.
BOLETSHE’s obligation to fulfill services as promised is coordinated and managed by Mohlabani Jan Mepha, who is the founder and Managing Director.
Mepha is competent to be engaged by Employer in terms of Section 12(1) of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 as Part-time Occupational Hygienist. He has more than 15 years of continuous experience in underground mine ventilation management, occupational hygiene exposure assessment and measurements, environmental and workplace noise assessment and monitoring and coordination of occupational medical surveillance.
Mepha is in possession of the following critical skills qualifications:
- Certificate in Mine Environmental Control/Occupational Hygiene issued by Chamber of Mines of South Africa,
- National Certificate in Noise Control issued by University of South Africa, and
- Other relevant courses in Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation.
KEY COMPETENCY AND CAPABILITIES
Some of Mepha critical skills and capacities include but not limited to:
- Carry legal responsibilities in terms of Section 12(1) of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 as part-time or full-time Occupational Hygienist for the mine;
- Conduct and compile Occupational Health Baseline Risk Assessment, Issue-based Health Risk Assessment, compile risk register and risk profile,
- Conduct Mandatory occupational hygiene exposure measurements to assess and analyze employee’s exposure to occupational hazards such as noise, airborne pollutants, hazardous chemicals and thermal stress;
- Conduct regular assessment of mine ventilation system (main, district and auxiliary system) to determine whether the system is providing adequate air quantity and velocity through the mine workings;
- Compile or review Mandatory Code of Practices for Occupational Health Program as per prescribed guidelines supplied by Principal Inspector of Mines and specific procedures;
- Compile a comprehensive Occupational Hygiene Management Plan to provide overall strategy and specific procedures to prevent employees workplace exposure,
- Compile and submit relevant reports to the Regional Inspector of Mines and Mine Management as per prescribed format and frequency of reporting.
- Provide employer’s employees with any information, instruction, training or supervision on occupational hygiene related matters.
- Assist the mine in ensuring compliance to medical surveillance and linking of occupational hygiene measurements to employee medical records;
- Develop an Occupational Noise Management Plan that will provide overall strategy and specific procedures towards the achievement of Mine Health and safety Council 2008 and 2013 Noise Milestones.
- Conducting of environmental noise impact measurement, assessment and investigation in terms of the National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998 read together with Regulations regarding Noise Control made under Section 25 of the Environment Conservation Act 1989 (Act No. 73 of 1989)